Improve productivity, safety, creativity, and collaboration with the new tools and enhanced functionality now available
**Continuing Education 1LU/HSW**
- Describe how the new stair tool helps to design stair solutions that are safe and easy to navigate and meet all applicable national and local codes.
- Explain how the integrated collision detection feature can reveal potential flaws and weaknesses in the design before construction begins.
- Explore how BIM automates documentation updates and eliminates potential errors or miscommunications that can occur when the documentation is not kept current.
- Provide three examples of how BIM improves the collaboration between architects and the rest of the consulting and engineering team.
- Use new presentation tools in BIM software to engage clients.
Although it will still use the Philips brand for its products for the coming years, the company now wants to be known by its new title. The board approved the branding, meaning the new name and look will be rolled out across all its offices and material worldwide.
Today, the American Institute of Architects (AIA) announced the winners of the 2018 COTE Top Ten Projects Awards, which are conferred by the AIA's Committee on the Environment. Each year, the program recognizes 10 projects that integrate design excellence and environmental performance, with one winner being elevated to COTE Top Ten Plus—an indication of exemplary proven energy performance and post-occupancy lessons.
The 2018 winners include nine commercial projects—ranging from an architecture office, to schools, to civic structures—and one single-family house. The projects are located in eight different cities, with a variety of climactic conditions.
The 2018 jury included Michelle Addington, School of Architecture, the University of Texas Austin, Austin, Texas; Jennifer Devlin-Herbert, FAIA, EHDD, San Francisco; Kevin Schorn, AIA, Renzo Piano Building Workshop, New York; Julie Snow, FAIA, Snow Kreilich, Minneapolis; M. Susan Ubbelohde, Loisos + Ubbelohde, Alameda, Calif.